Now more than ever as we navigate times of uncertainty, at home employee soft-skills training will produce long-term positive customer experiences. Are your employees armed with the necessary soft-skills training to deliver exceptional customer experiences?
Many companies are reviewing @ home employee work plans and as you look at the possibilities, one is the opportunity to train your staff’s soft-skills to improve the customer experience.
Often in the past, it may have been difficult to provide your staff with the time to train and provide them with the opportunity to improve their skills. Much research has shown that employees with soft-skills training significantly improve customer satisfaction, their productivity and lead to long-term customer loyalty. Also, at the same time by improving their soft-skills to effectively deal with customers, especially during these unprecedented times, builds the road to “Trusted Advisor” which is the key component to long term profitability.
Here are four (4) basic training content for any organization:
Customer CARE is the basic employee training for building long-term strong customer relationship skills. Learn the keys to what customers value – drives behavior – causes dissatisfaction. Learning how to become a “Trusted Advisor” NOT “Vendor” is the key to building customer loyalty.
- Learn about Customer CARE and why customer satisfaction and loyalty are important
- Understand that effective customer relations is essential to individual and organizational success
- Understand that Customer CARE is not just the job of the service organization
- Understand how your job ties into the mission of the company
- Experiential exercises in understanding your encounters with good and bad Customer CARE
- Understand the drivers of good and bad Customer CARE
- Learn how to deliver exceptional service, why customers quit and what they really want
- Learn how Customer CARE ties directly into bottom-line profitability
Dealing with Difficult Customers provides skills for diffusing heated customer complaints. Teaches customer empathy while providing a resolution to the customer’s irate complaint. Turning a bad situation into a memorable favorable solution is the road to “Trusted Advisor”.
- Understand why we need to deal with difficult customers
- Learn why a difficult customer is a precious gift and a great opportunity
- Understand why customers are difficult and the three levels of customer expectations
- Understand the qualities of a good and bad listener
- Understand your listening style and how it meshes with your customers styles
- Understand the importance of listening and learn how to become a better listener
- Learn a 5-Step process to successfully deal with difficult customers
- Learn how to turn that dissatisfied customer into an advocate
- Learn how to deal with your fellow employees, customers and others to get better results
Problem Solving Skills teaches employees how to use their skill sets to resolve various problem situations. Learn how to ask the right questions, connect problem symptoms and utilize technology to quickly resolve customer issues, again is the road to “Trusted Advisor”.
- Learn the difference between problem solving and decision making
- Evaluate situations and determine the correct process
- Learn the importance of early identification and resolution of problems
- Learn the importance of gathering and recording the correct information
- Learn a 10-Step process for Successful Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Know how to formulate and implement problem solving plans
- Know how to formulate and implement decision making plans
- Understand how these processes provide a common language and approach that enhances teamwork and provides better results
Time Management teaches skills to increase employee productivity. Customers greatly appreciate those service providers who can resolve multiple issues in a reasonable timeframe. You can add time management to the requirement list to become a “Trusted Advisor”.
- Definition of Time Management
- How to prioritize your tasks to be more effective
- How to manage time and reduce deadline stress
- Understanding major time wasters and how to deal with them
- Understand the evolution of time management and the current fourth generation
- Understand why setting reasonable expectations that can be exceeded is essential
- Learn techniques to increase your efficiency while improving customer satisfaction
These are four basic soft-skills needed for all organizations. Now is the time to invest in employee engagement that will pay recurring dividends in exceeding customer expectations. Use these unprecedented times to invest in your @ home employees soft-skills training.
Bill Moore Vice President of Employee Engagement
Customer Relationship Management Institute LLC (CRMI)
Telephone: 617 803-1639 | Email: email@example.com